Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cloverfield... my movie review

Oh my gosh... where is a barf bag when you need one?

Last night Michael actually got off early, so I left work early to hit the movies... woo hoo... LOVE GOING TO THE MOVIES !! We decided to see Cloverfield.... just an fyi--I am not one that likes to read up on reviews and critiques before seeing a movie. I like to make my own decisions--so I had no clue about this movie.

I couldnt take it. Totally a Blair Witch times 10 on the movement scale. I actually made it through Blair Witch, but was really nausious afterwards... but it wasn't to terribly bad. This I could not say the same for. I have never had a movie affect me in such a way. My mom used to have to dope me up on Dramamine everytime I got into the car because of how bad I would get car sick. I was so in need of Dramamine last night.

I broke out into a cold sweat and had to step out into the hall for some fresh air. I went to the bathroom a couple of times and then finally I told Michael he had to watch the end of the movie to tell me how it ended, but I might need to go out to the car. He told me to tuck my head into his shoulder and close my eye. He had his arm around me and his hand infront of my eyes, but still the sound effects and surround sound were still so intense that it was still knotting up my stomach. I absolutely could NOT handle this movie. It took me a couple of hours to settle down after the movie. I couldn't believe it. It makes me laugh that a movie could have such an affect on someone... physically, but it's so true...

anyone else seen it? tell me your thoughts on the movie and how it made you feel if anything :)

3 comments:

Kim H. said...

I don't know anything about this movie - but I have those same effects from camera movements... for instance if they take a camera on a roller coaster - I'm gonna get sick!!

I had to leave during WaterWorld (I know 100 years ago) and the same with the last Lord of the Rings movie...

It is even worse if I have to sit up close to the front.

Kim H. said...

Hey Girl,

I just saw your comment on my blog - and was curious what you mean about no posts since last Wed? I've posted everyday... wonder what's up?

Angela said...

My sister is 9 weeks pregnant and went to see Cloverfield with my b-law. She was already dealing with nausea because of her pregnancy, but she said it was the worst movie to see even if you are not pregnant because the movement makes you sick. I felt so bad for her.