Thursday, January 24, 2008

Coming out of the woodwork

What is it when you finally decide to pull your dating advertisement out of the window because you have obtained the one you feel is worthy to date... does all the other men come out of the wood work... in other words when you are no longer single and looking and you have found the one you want to be with, at least at this time... do all the other men come out of hiding. New men, old guys you have dated, ex's realize what they did wrong and want to fix it... it's so crazy to me. I know it goes both ways with women and men... is it more attractive to pursue someone that is already taken? I guess for some folks it is. Michael is making me deliciously happy these days and I have not given anyone else a 2nd thought... but my goodness the men are crawling out of the wood works I tell you, and not just that, coming out of caves that you thought were sealed long ago, creeping out from under the rocks they once crawled under... well you get my drift !

Thomas the most recent ex that turned out to be the bum who wouldn't work... he's been calling quite a bit and not to mention emailing. He professed how much he had screwed up the other day in not trying harder to keep me and do what he needed to do to keep me... I told him it was a little to late for that. I can be his friend but nothing more. He even said he wanted to move back up here near me and that might upset Michael. Michael has nothing to worry about in that sense even if Thomas did move back up here.

Last night I was online and got an instant message from a guy I dated several years ago, probably about 6-7 years ago named Russell. He has since been married and has a great little family going. We say hello from time to time when we see each other on, but nothing to deep... well it got pretty deep last night. Told me about memories he has and cherishes of the time we were and how amazing the time with me really was. He said he mentioned it to his friends at work a few months back. That was quite flattering... Russell was a fav of mine. He asked me last night why I would never let him take me out... I laughed and told him we had a hard time keeping our clothes on when we were together... which was true. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent with him, but I was so much younger then and so not ready to settle down into something extremely serious... timing was just off with us. But I too will remember great memories shared with him. It's always flattering to me to hear I made a wonderful impact on someone and that I am unforgettable in a great way :) He saw some new pics of me and the body transformation going on.. he said he can't believe it, that I was so beautiful back then and that I am just looking finer :) that's so nice to hear !

You might think that was it, but ohhhhhhhh no... an old guy I dated about 4-5 years ago has been emailing me the last couple of days. Told me he would like to catch up and would I like to see him. I told him it would be great to catch up, but I didn't want to give him the wrong idea, told him I had a boyfriend that I cared alot about and was not up for dating anyone else. Here was his reply this morning...

I am glad you have a good guy. I am a little sad, though. I was so excited when you wrote me back and had hopes of dating and getting serious. I have very fond memories(not just sex) of you and holding you as we slept and so much more. But please write any time here or on myspace.

That is so crazy to me. I have no ill feelings for him at all. We just went our separate ways, we lived so far apart at the time, about 1.5 hrs and I am not one for long distance. I like to be able to see my sweety right away if need be and 1.5 hours is not right away. I would love to be friends with him and I could do that with no temptation on my part, but from this last note of his... I don't know that he could be friends with no temptations....

I want to hang out, that's cool that you are with someone. But I know that if we hang, I will try to kiss you at some point.

I think the smartest and safest bet would be to not subject myself to such a situation. So we shall stick to being friends via phone, email or online chatting. I would never want to do something that could hurt or jeopardize anything I have with Michael.

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Wow - clearly you are a heartbreaker! HA! No, seriously though - I know what you mean, and I had that problem too - the last time I dated (10 years ago)...

I think it's Satan trying to see if he can tempt you into doing something bad... so stay strong and remeber how great you feel with Michael!