Thursday, April 24, 2008

So long Mickey and Minnie

This is tooo funny... we have had a mouse problem in our building and our work awhile back... it was kinda freaky the day I got in my desk drawer and saw my honey and ketsup packets with little tiny teeth marks in them.... it was soooo icky. I cleaned it up, cleaned it with bleach and got rid of any food... except for the things in my covered containers. Well they put down some sticky boards under the desks to catch any stragglers hanging around. Well I haven't seen mickey or minnie lately, but we got the funniest email this morning from HQ about the "alien invaders" I am blocking out my company's name just cause I think I should :) haha

WE NEED YOUR HELP !!

Due to the short winter, increased rainfall, and the smorgasbord provided by our employees, we are experiencing an influx of mice. The only thing that Facilities is legally permitted to do is put out sticky boards. We cannot fumigate, use poison, or bring in cats. This problem will NOT go away until the mice STOP being fed at the (removed Company) Employee BUFFET.

I will ask you all again to please insure that if your employees have food items, candy, etc. in/on/near their desks that they are stored in hard surfaced, tightly sealed containers. This is something we should all be doing anyway. Ziploc baggies do not count. Glass enclosed credenzas do not count. Overhead bins do not count. Metal cabinets do not count.

If your department has a luncheon, party, meeting, etc., please make sure that all the leftover food gets put up, thrown away, or stored properly as soon as possible. Do not let it stay out all day. You can’t cover it up and let it stay out on a table overnight – no matter what it is. This is a magnet for our unwelcome guests.

Pest Control is on site every Friday. If you see any mice or bugs, please call the Helpline (X 3333) and put in a work order so they can check out that area, treat it, monitor it, etc. We have no mice problems in the cafeteria, break rooms, or areas of the building other than yours!! According to our Pest Control vendor, this is because there is no open food in these other areas.

If one of these pesky mice gets stuck on a sticky board, please call Security at X 3333 or the dock at X 3333 or X 3333 and they will remove them right away. If they have left you a friendly reminder of their visit to your area, please call the Helpline and put in a work order and we will have it cleaned up.

Security will be monitoring your areas closely to let you know which of your employees is attributing to the weight gain of the mice. We will be checking drawers, cabinets, etc. We expect you to discuss this with your employees and make sure it does not continue.

Please communicate to all your employees the above in your own words and that the mice are not our friends, they are not the (removed company) mascot, nor do they make good pets. If they don’t have an ID badge and access card, they are NOT welcome in our building !!


This email I thought was just to hilarious. First thing I thought when it said we don't have this problem in the cafeteria... was they wouldn't eat that crap if it was laying out anyway :) Break rooms??? who the hell gets a break around here?

Some of the shinanigans that goes on around here just make me laugh.

Hope you guys are having a great Thursday.

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

I thought that was hysterical... you've got someone that can write a very entertaining email in your office. :-)

Anonymous said...

ewww....I hate mice. I've actually tried so many things to get rid of my fear of mice and I think I have it licked.....I used EFT (emotional freedom technique).

I still don't like them - but I can tolerate them without having heart failure. :)

In spite of hating them - this was a very comical post - truly enjoyed it!