Thursday, February 14, 2008

FILL 'ER UP !!!

I had a fill this morning... let me tell you I was dragging butt trying to get there by 745 this morning. Michael decided he wanted to go see Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins (wasn't on my list of movies I wanted to see--but I let him have his way) but the movie didn't start until 1015... so by the time it was over and we got back home, I wasn't in bed until after 1:30. So 6:30 came way to quickly this morning.

I went to get my fill, this is my 3rd. We had a little snaffu... I don't know for sure, but I think the girl doing my fill was fairly new. She had a hard time getting the needle in the right spot. After digging around a little bit ( I should of requested the numbing--but I didn't know she was going on an expedition) She dug around a bit and then called in another nurse for help. That nurse dug around a bit and said there was something wrong with the needles, so she decided to try with another needle. Still no go, so she said they were going to take me to x-ray... OKAY.. I am starting to freak... what have I done wrong, what's the problem. She said it was not uncommon and that there was nothing wrong. They were going to take me to xray so they could see the entry to the port easier. The 2nd nurse was giving the first nurse directions on how to read the screen and what angle to go in at. I was thinking, I don't remember the disclaimer that said you waive your rights by using this nurse who doesn't know what she is doing yet. Where is my warning, where to I veto that option? I think she needs to practice a few more times on an orange or something. I don't want to be a guinea pig especially when it comes to long needles being injected into my stomach.

It wasn't all that bad, but funny all the same. I got a 1.2 cc fill today which I could definitely tell when trying to drink my water. I could feel it gurgling down. I had lost 1.8 more lbs since Tuesday. That's pretty cool I think.

I hope your all having a fantastic Valentines Day !!!

3 comments:

Felicia said...

YIKES on how the fill went but glad you were able to get it done. Isnt it amazing how water "feels" going down now lol.

Congrats on the weight loss! You are doing wonderfully!!

Happy Valentines Day!
*huggles*
=0)

Kim H. said...

I would have freaked!! I can't imagine what they were thinking?!

Anonymous said...

ok...I'm short on time right now but I am marking your blog to come back and read more. I've missed the 'fill up' business and it has me totally confused!

Will be back after dinner.

And thanks for adding me as a link!