Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Update on Relationship

If that's what you want to call it.... I got some really good advice from fellow Blogger, Kim... such a wise girl. Well I had a talking to with Michael night before last and I told him straight out that the way he was acting was stupid. I told him if he loved me like he said he did and if he was so afraid of losing me then he would grow up and fight these childish urges to flirt with other women. I told him that his adolescent behavior was definitely gonna cost him in the long run. He asked me to stay the night as we were over at his place and I actually said no... that's a first. I hated it but I knew I needed to do it. I told him I thought some time away might do him some good, might make him appreciate what exactly he's in the process of losing. He said he didn't want time apart. I told him I wasn't going to be with him and sit around and watch and listen to him talk to other girls, to watch him text them on his cell or chat with them online. He's gonna have to figure it out on his own. I left and about 10 mins down the road called to tell him I love him and I think he was actually crying. Not that I was going to ask and point it out, but he told me to drive safely several times and not to drive to fast and he told me over and over again that he didn't want to be with out me, but he was just trying to figure things out. I can respect him telling me how he feels, but I can't handle this constant rollercoaster of emotions I am having. I get car sick... haha :) There's not enough Dramamine to handle that :) I love him to pieces, but I think it's best I step aside just a bit and give him some time to actually MISS ME.... I know he's worried. I can tell by the way he's been acting since... he is so worried I am gonna find someone new. He actually told me yesterday that there was a difference because the girls he is conversating with live over 3 hours away and that they tell him that most of the guys they talk to are 40 or older and not at all interesting. He told me, Ben is just down the street and local and that he has seen the guys that are interested in me and they are young and handsome and are guys that any girl would like to go out with... AND ?? I can restrain from throwing myself at ever cute guy that walks by... I can handle being commited... I don't jump at every temptation that arises... GEEZE !!! It's kinda funny that he's trying to make sure when I am off work that he spends that time with me, I think just so he knows I am not out with anyone else... it's quite funny.
I however am not going to hold back and just sit around and wait... I am going to have fun and do fun things and if when he straightens up his act, I am still available, well maybe we will cross that bridge when it gets here.

Anyway... stay tuned for further updates...

5 comments:

Kim H. said...

Thanks for the shout out... I think you did the right thing. I know it's not easy, but the important things never are. I don't quite get his issue... did he really think he could have it both ways? As hard as it is on you - you're making him figure it out on his own, which is the only way he'll truly decide what he wants. Don't sugar coat it for him though - I wouldn't tell him if you're interested in Ben or not. (let him sweat it)

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

Hi! This is the first time I've read your blog - I linked over from Healthy You Challenge- and I applaud the steps you've taken. If nothing else, you have insisted that you are treated with respect, and that generates self respect, which in turn makes the weight loss journey all the more do-able. You go girl! Have a great week.

HappyBlogChick said...

Good for you! What you're doing can't be easy, but you're doing what's right for you. You're clearly a wise girl, too.

Carol said...

Ahhh, those raging hormones! You did the right thing - but I wouldn't let him know (or hint) that you'd still be available if/when he comes to his senses. You are not the 'fall back' person or his safety net.

I don't know you or this guy but from my experience, when a guy supposedly cries, it's a manipulation tactic usually. If he TRULY felt that bad about this whole thing, then he would not have continued texting other girls knowing how it made you feel. The truth is he has no regard for how you feel because if he did, he wouldn't be trying to figure things out - he'd KNOW how he felt and would make changes immediately! It seems like he wants it both ways. And you don't have to stand for that!

I hope things work out. :)

Wei Sic Meow said...

Good for you, you're doing the right thing. It must be tough and I think you are very brave and very strong for it. I hope things work out well for you.