Monday, February 4, 2008

Superbowl Sunday

HOW WAS YOURS???

My super bowl sunday was pretty darn good. Michael rented out a private theatre at the Studio Movie Grill--if your not familiar it's a movie theatre where they serve you dinner and drinks while you watch your movie... it's alot of fun.

So we had our own private theatre for about 35 friends that actually got to make it. I'm glad no more showed up and you will know why in a few.... this was the best idea I (yes it was all mine) came up with. It was so fun to get so many of Michael's friends all together and have room to stretch out and have someone else wait on you hand and foot while you watched the superbowl on a MOVIE SCREEN... the players were bigger than lifesize... so cool. I highly recommend this to anyone with the means to do so... Although the Patriots didn't pull out the perfect season finaly it was definitely a game I will never forget!

I do have to say that Michael got a little to generous... as he usually does when he gets his friends together. He started buying drinks... for everyone (OMG). SMG (studio movie grill) is not cheap when it comes to drinks, not even close !

I don't mind when the pitchers of beer ar $5 that Michael buys drinks... but when the pitchers are $15 at least and the shots are $6.50 each... they don't need to be bought in rounds of 30... OMG again.

They reprinted our check 11 times... due to all the additions... I finally had to pull the reins and told Michael to cut it out... he's good to listen when I lay down the law... our tab alone was over $399 bucks and that's NOT including the theatre rental. I was fine until the manager told me that when the other people were receiving their bills they were telling the waiters that Michael was paying for it all.......... OHHHHHHHHH NOOOO SIR !!!

I took that manager to the side and asked he print up every tab for every person and bring them to me. Then when he came back, I took him to every person and said look at your bill... is that what you ordered?? Yes? Okay, now pay it !!! In a little nicer way :) but I was not going to have anyone take advantage of a good thing. Michael had already paid for the theatre and for most of everyone's drinks... we are not feeding your bum asses too... --not bums, but I didn't want anyone to "accidentally" forget to pay their tab !!! There that was handled !!!

I got alot of props for the way I ran things at the party... tons of hugs followed by this is the best Superbowl I have ever been to, even got a great compliment from one of his closest friends who grabed me and pulled me aside to tell me, he was thanked God that I stole Michael because he hated that last "bitch"... I didn't steal anyone for the record... he was single and looking when HE found me :) but thanks Pat, your a sweetheart of a guy for saying so.

So as we are standing outside at the halftime smoke break, I hear Michael tell everyone to head to our place (my small place) after the game... I was like what? YOU MEAN MY SHOE BOX LOFT APT? ummm well okay. And sure enough a dozen or show came over. But it was nice, the guys got to the PS2 and played some games, the girls just fussed over Priss in her valentines dress and goober too. (I have to take some pic of her in her new dress--coming soon) It was fun.

I took tons of pic last night and downloaded them at home.. will need to post some pics.

Hope you all had a wonderful SUPER BOWL TOO !!

No comments: