Monday, December 17, 2007

Can't keep it down

I am having the hardest time keeping things down... well without it getting stuck, and boy when it gets stuck, the only thing I want is for it to be OUT.

I tried some lunch meat and crackers on Thursday night and one bite of that cracker just seemed to lodge and take my breath away. I had to get it out, and then I felt better. Not brave enough to try it again, so I just ate the turkey meat. Not bad after that. Last night I tried to chew up a small piece of chicken and thought it was fine, but when I went to take a drink of my tea, it wouldn't go down. I was in the restraunt with my mom and grandpa and neither of them were at the table at the moment and I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to get up, cause my mom's purse was still there. But I could not swallow the tea in my mouth, and I certainly wasn't about to spit it out at the table. So as my eyes started to water, I could feel myself start to panic and then it got worse... of course, isn't that the way it always is... So I covered my mom's purse with her jacket and grabbed mine and headed to the ladies room. I felt so much better when that piece of chicken came back out. Whew... Wasn't about to try that again either. Gosh, it just sucks. I feel like I just got a fill and I didn't. I actually go for my first fill on Thursday... I am gonna have to make some better choices. But I guess this is the point where I test things out. I went home for lunch today and my mom and grandpa decided to stay over again, I am so glad... they never get to come down here and visit. My gpa told me they never just sit and relax and it was so nice to be doing that. She made me some chicken salad, and the meat was really small so I was sure I was going to be able to eat it. But 2 bites in and food jam city. I hate that feeling. The feeling where I don't even want to swallow my spit... it's so weird. I finally got it all up and then felt better. My stomach was a little jumpy so I didn't dare try anything else. On the way back to work I stopped to get some beans at Taco Bueno and will make my little soupy beans when mixing it with the salsa to thin it out. That seems to be all I can get down. I am not really in the mood for it, but my stomach is making the craziest sounds. Thank goodness for my Isopure drinks, at least I am getting my protein in :)

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Hey Girl,

Are you chewing really really well? I know that it helps me get things down, but of course I'm still not able to eat a lot of the things you're trying. Did they give you a list of things to eat at first, and a guide of how to slowly add things back to your diet? It seems like you are rushing things a bit - I'm almost 6 weeks out from my surgery and can't eat chicken yet... so maybe that is part of the problem?