Friday, December 21, 2007

It's my BIRTHDAY

Woo Hoo... Okay, so yesterday I went for my first fill. I got 3 cc's, and that seems to feel fine. I can definitely see the restriction, well feel it actually. It was fast, and easy. No pain and I didn't even use the numbing that they offered. I am used to the shots, I give my diabetic shots to myself in my tummy, so no biggie. I saw a few people that were there at my pre-op session and I got a chance to catch up with them. That was good. Everyone was just so friendly there at the aftercare center, it's amazing. It kinda sucks I'm on restriction on my birthday, but that's okay. They brought in bagels and donuts today, but I couldn't have any... my friends laughed when I watched them get their bagels and I told one of my friends to put the "good stuff" on it and then take a big bite for me :) They thought it was torture for me, but really it wasn't. It was quite fun being silly about it. I drank some Butter-Nut Sugar Free Hot Cocoa, which is sooo yummy and it actually filled me up. So weird to feel that full on some hot cocoa. But no pain. Okay onto another great topic... this guy Russell that I have been talking to via phone and emails, we had another great conversation yesterday as I was driving to my fill appt. He knows about my surgery and is really positive about it. He knows a couple of people that have had it done and he talks about how successful they are doing. He is really nice to talk to. So I am getting more and more excited to hang out with him. It's unfortunately going to have to wait until after the holidays, next week. Today is birthday day and going out with girlfriends and tomorrow early I am hanging out with my friend from Atlanta that is in town for the holiday and then after that I am heading back home to my moms for the next few days. I will be coming back home on Tuesday. I am super excited to hang out with him, I think our personalities are alot alike and we seem to talk really well with each other, it's kinda easy, so I am sure it will be fun.

Shout out to Kim... the boots looked HOT yesterday, they were so cute. I am gonna have to wear socks with them over my panty hose because they were a little big with just the pantyhose... BUT LOVE EM. I am getting back on track with my liquids now, so if I do hang out with Russell we are doing coffee for him and hot cocoa for me (I hate coffee) and then we have talked about going to a movie, or taking the dogs to the park depending on the weather (I like being outside when it's chilly out) So I promise to be good. I definitely feel more restricted now, so that's gonna help.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Kim, and everyone else that might drop by to visit my page.

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It's my sister-in-law's birthday today too...what a small world!

I'm so excited to hear more about Russell in the coming months... it's great that he already knows and is supportive - that will really make all the difference.

I know it's going to be hard (for both of us) but be careful over the holidays... I know it's really tempting, but we're in a process to change our lives... and next year it's going to be SO fun to look back and see how far we've gotten.