Monday, December 17, 2007

Irritated by co-worker

I have to just express my irritation in some manner, so being that I am still at work and it happens to be a co-worker driving me nuts, I should keep it quiet and stomp my feet here instead. I have a co-worker who is driving me nuts today. She is so loud to begin with and her voice and her horrendous laugh (sounds like the laugh of the cowardly lion on the wizard of Oz). She can be heard clear across the room. Usually I don't even notice or care to bother with listening, but sometimes she just keeps repeating herself until you feel like banging your head on the wall would be more pleasant. She is 40 something and acts like a 15 year old. She isn't that smart and is a slow learner, so when learning new stuff in a group setting, she has to repeat it like in 5 different ways to make sure she gets it and then she still ask more questions about it in the future. ARRRGGG It's so annoying. I work in a very fast paced environment and she is really slow and is always complaining that people get onto her for being so slow, and she just can't help it. She just doesn't understand how everyone else is so fast... yadda yadda blah !! I have been here just as long as the most tenured people and I am also our website designer, so I know where all our sales tools are and where to get all the information we use on a daily basis, so I am someone that everyone goes to with questions. Sometimes it's hard because I can't get my work done due to everyone Else's questions. I get frustrated with her because you have to repeat yourself until you feel like a parrot. Well she was at it this morning with another co worker saying how she didn't think it was that way, and she read something one day but she doesn't know when or where but she didn't think that was right. WELL THEN WHY ARE YOU ARGUING WITH SOMEONE THAT KNOWS... it was ridiculous. She wasn't arguing with me, with someone else, but then I heard why don't you ask "McQty" she knows everything, but it was in a very condescending tone. Up until that point, I was not even in the conversation, but I heard that and I said, "what did you just say" and she actually repeated it. Then the other girl she was talking to asked me to come there to help, and I told them I was not getting involved. So then I became annoyed. I got to thinking then about how much this IDIOT girl takes off from work. Even when she doesn't have sick time, she is always calling in for a headache or something stupid like that. I had a car accident on the way to work in Sept and hit my head on the windshield and after they towed my car, I came up to work. I tried to work for several hours, but didn't feel well. I went to see my dr and had a concussion. I friggin came to work with a concussion and people like her call in cause they had a bad dream, or woke up with a headache, or hurt themselves while farting... GIMME A BREAK

anyway, sorry for the rant......... but I feel better :) haha not really about her or the situation, but it made me laugh to write it down.

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

I can so relate with annoying co-workers. There is a girl in my office that is ridiculous like that. She's 30 and you'd think that she is the first person to go through anything in life. For instance - she's engaged, and all I ever hear (while I'm trying to work) is crap about her wedding. She just got a puppy, and you'd think that no one else has ever survived having a puppy... she had a tire blow out on the freeway, and actually tried to file it on her insurance!! Listening to her talk is like listening to nails on a chalkboard for me... I even get up and go to the restroom to avoid listening to her rants...