Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Whew... what a busy week

This post is gonna be a recap of the last few days since I didn't get a chance to blog while home visiting the family. But I am back to work today, and it's super slow, so I have plenty of time to catch up.

Friday--21st
That was my birthday :) whoo hoo, number 31. After work, I ran over to the mall and they had a huge sale going on at Lane Bryant (50% off) and I had a great coupon to go along with it. I wanted to pick up some new bras and panties because I like to treat myself with cutisy panties (the kind that make you feel sexy just wearing them) so that's where I headed. I found some of the cutests little boy shorts and matching bras... found an awesome sweater/hoodie on the clearance rack along with a black/grey/white a-symetrical skirt that will look hot with my new knee high boots... So as I am checking out. I was talking to the lady ringing me up and we got on the subject of lap band, and she was asking me all kinds of questions and telling me how she wants to get it done too... it was neat to talk to her. She rang me up and as we were talking, I kept seeing the price go down and down and down... I just kept talking. The price dropped from about 120 to end at about 70. Then when I got my receipt it said I saved 160 bucks... holy cow... now that's some impressive shopping. My friend Holly and I then headed off to the movies and saw PS I Love You with Hilary Swank, Harry Conick Jr, and "Denny" from Grey's Anatomy... OH MY GOSH... it was so good !! I cried... not just at one part but at several different parts from beginning to end. And the guy who played the leading role... never seen him before, was a HOTTIE !!! and that accent he had in the movie was sooo cute. Well after the movie, Russell called and asked for me to meet him for some coffee. I don't do coffee, but do do hot cocoa... so I said okay, why not... was eager to meet him in person. So I made my way over to his neck of the woods, which isn't far from me at all. We ended up going back to his place and we just visited about everything under the sun. Movies, concerts, family, work, all that kinda stuff. He is easy and fun to talk to. I have to admit, he didn't really look like his pics I had seen, but didn't look bad. He is older than I am, 39 and really super sweet. Very much a gentleman and just an all around nice guy. Downside... not a great kisser though. It's not the worst, but not great either. Not that appealing as far as kisses go. I think we will make great friends for now... who knows....

Saturday--22nd
I was up until about 4 am visiting with Russell and was awake at 10 to get ready to hang out with Hiro, my bestest buddy that came in from Atlanta for the holidays. Hiro came and picked me up in time for a movie and some birthday shopping. We headed over to the mall and decided to go to the movie first... and we saw The Golden Compass. It was really good. I enjoyed it very much. Then we headed inside the mall to go to Lane Bryant... different mall than the day before. (I was sure they would have a different selection) Oh my gosh... I tried on the cuties jeans and they were actually 2 sizes SMALLER than I have been wearing for the last couple of years !!! OMG... I was so excited I just wanted to try on more... it was so exciting. I came out with an arm full of stuff and he looked at me and asked if I liked anything and I said yep, want them all. He was a little suprised. He ran off to go to the bathroom and I saw these cute green camo pants that I never in a million years would of taken a 2nd glance at in the past cause I was sure it wasn't in my size... but what the hell, my size just changed and so I tried some on........ CUTE as a button... had to have them too... he got back from the bathroom and I had 3 more jeans in my hands... He told me he was budgeting about 200 bucks... so I said okay and told her which were my favs to ring up first. That left out only 1 pants and 2 shirts which I was fine with. It came up to 206... he is so awesome. He told me, your gonna be out of these in a couple of months, and what was I going to do then... told him he could come back for the summer and we could go shopping again... he laughed at me. He is the best, always spoils me when he is in town, and who am I not to let him :0) With all the running around I lost 5 lbs in 2 days... NUTS ! After everything, I went home, packed up stuff and doggies and headed to moms.

The rest of the weekend was great seeing my family, spending time with my sister and her kids and my aunts. We had christmas dinner on christmas eve and did presents then, since I had to come back home yesterday. Dinner was great on Christmas... I took a small bite of several things, but could not eat much at all, so I was actually really good :) My blood sugars were great and I was thrilled. I didn't even get into the desserts which was good of me as well. SUCCESSFUL Christmas eating :)

Christmas Day... got up and watched a movie with mom and papa and then packed up and headed over to my sisters to play with the kids a bit before leaving. I headed back home and I haven't mentioned him much, but met a guy online last week and we exchanged numbers and talked here and there over the weekend and during my drive to and from home. He is almost 30, so close to my age and he is divorced with no children. He has a great job and seems to have his stuff together. Well we decided to meet up after I got home last night... well early evening. The pics I had seen of him online I told him he didn't look his age, he said he got that alot... well when I saw him in person I couldn't believe it. He looked even younger than in his pictures... I asked him if he was even old enough to shave yet... I couldnt believe how young he looks... it's crazy. But cute. He didn't mind me picking on him a bit which is a good sign because I am sarcastic alot. He was super sweet and nice and we had a great time visiting over some coffee and tea... tea for me please :) We laughed alot. I love to laugh... he was so complimentary... told me that my pictures did not do me justice... how is that not the best thing to hear?? The time kinda flew by, which was a good thing. So we headed our ways and he had me call when I made it home safely. Very polite guy. So as an update to that, he is off today and tomorrow and we have made plans to go to the movies tonight and see I am Legend... I have been dying to see this, and so very happy to go with Michael... he likes scary movies too :) more points for him :0)

Hope you all had a wonderful christmas... Shout out to Kim... very proud of your success thus far as well.

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Hey girlfriend!! Sounds like a busy few days... sorry that things didn't work out as well with Russell - I was going to tell you that the bad kissing might have been nerves... but it looks like you've possibly got a new guy anyway.

I'm so happy to hear that your Christmas eating was successful... I too was a little adventurous - I ate some cornbread dressing. It was good, and acutally went well... other than I might have pushed my limit on the amount...so I immediately took a nap. :-)